P/T 3rd shift Museum Attendants (Multiple Vacancies) OPS
Job ID 48421
Apply on or before 2/9/2021 at: https://jobs.omni.fsu.edu/psc/sprdhr_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=48421&PostingSeq=1
About The Ringling
The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
• Website: https://www.ringling.org/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheRingling
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheRingling
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theringling/
• Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/theringling
• Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/ringlingmuseum/
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpI2uPmy9NN2yMit1EFOuAQ
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-359-5700 (ext. 1-2605).
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
• FSU Diversity & Inclusion Statement: https://hr.fsu.edu/?page=diversity/diversity_about_us
• FSU Strategic Plan: https://strategicplan.fsu.edu/diversity-inclusion/
• Ringling Strategic Plan: https://www.ringling.org/strategic-plan
• FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
Museum Attendants will work a variety of assigned posts and events in all buildings on the museum grounds and at The Asolo Repertory Theater, as well as patrol buildings and grounds on foot and by golf cart. Museum Attendants are responsible for the safety of all staff and visitors and the protection of the collection, buildings, and grounds. This position will occasionally utilize computers to write reports, send correspondences, and submit work orders.
Duties will include:
• Guarding against theft, vandalism, and other damage.
• Assisting with urgent/emergency situations, such as accidents/injuries, medical emergencies, theft, vandalism, and other incidents calmly and in a timely manner.
• Conducting daily inspections of assigned areas and escorting staff and guests.
• Monitoring visitor activity to ensure adherence to museum/Asolo policies and procedures.
• Customer service oriented at all times to include enforcing policies and interacting with guests, briefly responding to visitor/staff requests and questions to the best of their ability in a courteous manner, and/or directing them to where they can find the information.
• High school diploma/equivalent required.
• A valid driver's license is required (Note: Learner's Permits are not acceptable)
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or email@example.com.
Anticipated Salary Range
$11.00 per hour.
Museum Attendants also receive:
• Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
• Private gallery talks with curators
• Free admission
• Discounts on memberships
• Discounts in the museum stores
• Discounts on select performances and events and much more!
This is an OPS/Part-Time Job and is not eligible for benefits.
Primary hours are between 10:15 pm - 6:45 am. Approximately 28 hours per week. Daytime, evenings, and holidays may be required per the needs of the Ringling.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu.
Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume. Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information.
Affordable Care Act
Florida state benefits are not available for this role.
OPS employees are covered under the Affordable Care Act. OPS employees that meet certain criteria will be offered affordable health care coverage. For more information, please visit the following website regarding the Affordable Care Act, http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=benefits/insurance/insurance_home&ops=1