Membership Development Representative
The Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance (LWRBA) is a dynamic community driven membership organization committed to the advancement of its member businesses, the Lakewood Ranch area and the Sarasota/Manatee regions. We serve over 600 businesses and over 2,500 business professionals who work for businesses located in those areas and beyond. Our mission is to connect, educate and strengthen the business community in the Lakewood Ranch Region.
We are seeking a Membership Development Representative who is self-motivated and takes pride in community outreach and developing new business relationships. The ideal candidate will have 3 years previous outside sales experience, work primarily in the office and require outside sales contact as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Membership Sales & Services
· Understand and be able to communicate the benefits of membership of LWRBA
· Prospect, follow up and sell memberships for the LWRBA
· Check and respond to member emails and voice mails
· Coordinate prospect database and strategically communicate with prospects
· Be able to communicate the benefits of membership and sign up a new member
· Follow up on new member leads from members and events
· Update group member info after events and bundle members
· Follow up with prospects with member follow up letters
· Work closely with Membership Services Manager on special projects
· Identify and follow up on potential LWRBA members through media/print outlets
· Write thank you notes for new member appointments
· Work with the Membership Committee on new member outreaches
· Attend networking functions of other local organizations and non-profits
· Socialize with new members and help them to connect with other members
· Follow up with non-member event participants
· Assist the LWRBA staff/team with event preparation/ tear down
· Attend Membership Committee meetings
· Work closely with the Membership Chair
-Welcome Packs, New Member Orientations & Sip/See Events
· Attend New Member Orientations & Sip/See Events work with membership coordinator to implement
· As a small staff we all work together as a team, teamwork is a common theme on multiple projects.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
· An Associates or bachelor’s degree is preferred
· Self-motivated, ability to work independently, advanced internet research
· Be confidant and capable of making cold calls both by phone and in person to businesses. Have astute follow up attention to detail and confidant in asking for the sale. (3 years outside sales experience preferred)
· Proficient with technology and the following programs- Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook. Optional knowledge: Publisher, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator (or other graphic design platforms)
· Advanced use and understanding of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and other social networking platforms
· Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task
· Team player and a can do attitude
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Partial contribution on “Employee only” cost ofHealth Insurance, Vision & life
- Simple IRA Match up to 3%.
- Vacation, 2 weeks (accrued monthly)
- PTO, 6 days (accrued monthly) + Birthday (must be used in month of Birthday)
- 12 paid holidays
Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
We respect each of our employees’ unique abilities and are committed to offering an environment that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based off any of these characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place