Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County Job Posting
Job Opening: Manatee Elementary Club Year Round Program Specialist
FUNCTION: Directs/manages overall daily operations of the designated Club with the primary concern for programs and service delivery, supervision and training of staff, facilities management, community relations and membership administration.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
Leadership: Establish Unit or Branch programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success and that create a club environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
- Maintains contact as needed with external community groups, schools, member’s parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
Strategic Planning: Plan, develop, implement and evaluate Club overall programs, services and activities to ensure they meet stated objectives and member needs and interests.
- Compile required regular reports reflecting all activities, attendance and participation.
Resource Management: Manage Club’s financial resources assisting in the development of annual budgets.
- Control expenditures against budget.
- Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain the operation of the physical properties and equipment of the Club.
- Recruit, manage and provide career development opportunities for branch staff and volunteers. Conduct regular staff meetings.
Partnership Development: Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders and organizations.
Contribute to a Positive, Engaging Work Environment:
- Develop a strong knowledge base and stay current on Community Partnership Schools-related issues and trends.
- Participate actively in departmental meetings, training and education, as well as the quality management process.
- Comply with CHS’s code of conduct, policies, practices, contracts and other legal obligations.
- Demonstrate the CHS Common Bond Values in the performance of all job duties.
Marketing and Public Relations: Develop and maintain public relations in increase the visibility of programs, services and activities within the school Club and the community.
- Purchase or approve purchase of supplies and equipment.
- Work with staff on special events to carry out programs in all departments.
- Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize guidance and discipline plan.
- May be required to drive Club vehicles periodically.
- Responsible for the supervision of the club staff
- Assume other duties as required.
- Successful results in personnel supervision, facilities management and the recruitment and retention of key personnel.
- Successful participation in Organizational Fund Raising Events
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or a Human Services related field from an accredited university, required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a school or community agency setting, required.
- Two years of experience implementing or supervising a positive learning environment, preferred.
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Must pass pre-employment background check, fingerprinting and drug test.
- Experience in working with children and knowledge of youth development.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents and community leaders.
- Knowledge of:
o Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills. Strong communication.
o Excellent organizational, planning, communication and interpersonal skills.
o Excellent working with budget preparation, control, and management.
o Planning, organization and time management, oral & written communication.
o Interpersonal Relationship Building, Collaboration, Teaming.
o Computer systems and MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
o Handle confidential information appropriately.
o Work effectively with diverse students, staff, volunteers, parents, and community members.
o Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility.
o Ability to recruit, train, supervise and motivate staff.
o Ability to deal effectively with members including discipline problems.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit. Able to use hands and fingers on a (computer) keyboard, handwriting and office equipment operation.
- Will to lift and carry objects up to 25 pounds.
- Will transport loads of up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Perform Safety-sensitive culture requiring a constant state of alertness.
- The noise level in the work environment is high due to work is conducted in a Club for children, inside and outside setting; office environment is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions.
-FREE Club membership for staff member’s children (grades K-12).
-Benefits for Full Time Positions
-Paid Time off for all Positions
TO APPLY: Go to our website, www.bgcmanatee.org/Jobs click on the “Apply Today!” button to apply and view job descriptions.
Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.