Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Sun Coast is seeking an experienced, innovative and energetic, community focused professional for our continued growth in the Manatee County area. Main objectives of the role are to develop relationships within the communities for volunteer recruiting, financial support, program expansion, business partnerships, and agency branding.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of driven growth in the areas of fundraising activities, partnership development and community branding. We value the creativity of our team members while holding true to the core Big Brothers Big Sisters value of serving youth through one-to-one mentoring.
Candidates must have, at minimum, a bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or related field of study. Must be able to leverage various communication sources and contacts to meet the goals of the position. Must be familiar with and able to use various social media platforms.
This position works closely with the Bradenton office staff forming a productive team to drive volunteer recruiting and fundraising, and ultimately, Bigs and Littles being matched. This position will maintain the Manatee county social media accounts.
This positon requires dependable transportation to travel within Manatee County area and to other agency office sites as needed. Travel may be up to 20% of the time during the normal working hours based on meeting and presentation schedule.
Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish is a plus.
Below is a summary of the responsibilities of the position:
* Maintains and grows volunteer and financial support for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Sun Coast.
* Works collaboratively with Program teammates to execute recruitment presentations and recruit volunteers.
* Assists and attends agency program activities, including helping to secure donated venues, donations and additional financial support as needed.
* Works directly with a Senior Development Director to learn and execute best practices for volunteer recruitment and financial support.
* Identifies and secures support from individuals, corporations, and organizations for volunteer and financial needs.
* Works collaboratively with VP of Communications and Marketing, Director of Special Events and Database Manager to maintain protocols and maximize results in all areas.
* Works collaboratively with Development Teammates, Community Board and Event Committees to drive the success with fundraising events.
* Serves as the Agency liaison with Community Board by attending Board and Committee meetings to communicate needs and share reports; leveraging board member influence to drive financial and volunteer support, solicit resources for fundraising events, and input for recruiting future Board members.
* Significantly grows relationships for both volunteer and financial support with the local communities which include the Hispanic community. The ability to speak Spanish is beneficial with this expectation.
* Speaks to large and small groups to promote the agency mission to solicit support.
* Manages Manatee Facebook page and other social media sources.
* Updates Database Manager on donor/partner information and actions with detailed notes in SunForce (SalesForce) Database. Utilize software platforms.
* Maintains flexible hours, which includes occasional evenings and weekends as needed to meet the goals of the agency.
BBBS Sun Coast is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates must have, at minimum, a bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or related field of study.