The Development and Community Relations Associate is responsible for connecting and aligning support in our ten-county area through the successful development and execution of fund development and community outreach initiatives, planning and implementing strategies to secure donors and contributions, cultivation of key community relationships, and database management resulting in the positive promotion of the image of Girl Scouting to internal and external audiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serves as brand champion, ensuring all collateral and messaging is consistent and in compliance with Girl Scouts of the USA and management of the Girl Scout Brand Guidelines.
2. Responsible for analytic research, data mining, identification, and management of potential constituent information in support of all fund development initiatives utilizing DonorPerfect.
3. Provides consistent updates and reports for moves management, maintaining a portfolio of potential individuals - adding new prospects, updating information, and ranking in order to plan strategies for cultivation and gifts in partnership with the CEO.
4. Serves as point person for the project management of the council’s annual giving appeal for members, donors, and families.
5. Serves as liaison for United Way and key community partners.
6. Manages, develops, and initiates donor recognition opportunities.
7. Identifies and utilizes strategic opportunities to increase visibility in the community and the delivery and outcomes of the efforts.
8. Participates in community networking opportunities as representative of Girl Scouts of Gulfcoast Florida.
9. Manages and ensures effective delivery of the council speaker’s bureau initiative.
10. Works collaboratively with Chief Communications and Marketing Officer and CEO in the coordination of the biennial Giving Challenge campaign, working collaboratively with the marcomm team to leverage partnerships and produce materials, events, emails, etc. needed to ensure success.
11. Develops new and manages existing annual and event-specific business/community sponsorship opportunities.
12. Initiates and manages an ongoing opportunity for community partner advertising in key council publications to underwrite cost and potentially increase revenue.
13. Manages and provides marcomm with donor lists, information, etc. for donor newsletters, annual reports, and development messaging.
14. Actively participates in all facets of the adult alumni search, collecting and maintaining names and contact information for ongoing communications.
15. Provides assistance to marcomm with proofreading, researching, reporting, and management as needed.
16. Provides marcomm with all needs for media coverage of assigned key fundraising events.
JD Development and Community Relations Associate, July 2021; page 2
17. In coordination with marcomm colleagues, assists in all aspects of event planning, management, and support of fund- and friend-raising activities.
18. Works collaboratively with colleagues across the council and contributes to building a cohesive, flexible, and productive staff that demonstrates the values and mission of Girl Scouts.
19. Performs accurate record creation/entries/changes, a variety of data collection, data entry, data verification, and data distribution routines and is responsible for ongoing accurate and timely day-to-day administrative tasks while following prescribed policies, protocols, and procedures.
20. Maintains a working knowledge of products, promotions, and the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
21. Ensures that diversity, inclusion, and pluralism are embraced and incorporated into the work of the council.
22. Supports the strategic priorities of the council.
23. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Experience, Skills and Qualifications
· Belief in the mission, principles, values, and standards of the Girl Scout Movement
· Willingness to take appropriate training and be a member of GSUSA
· Associate or Bachelor’s Degree desirable
· Prior three-year minimum position-related experience or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position required
· Demonstrated competencies will include leadership, fund development, networking, relationship management, collaborative project management, oral and written communications, marketing, public relations, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to perform accurate data entry and utilize data management software (DonorPerfect nonprofit CRM); proficient computer operation skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); and general understanding of Adobe products
· Demonstrate superior written/verbal communication skills, and high-level proficiency in general office and recordkeeping skills; human relations skills; unequivocal commitment to inclusion and ability to work with persons of all racial, ethnic, social, and economic backgrounds; recognition of confidential matters; and the ability to handle appropriately and with discretion
· Highly organized and able to plan and implement multi-faceted workload with minimum supervision, self-directed, and a team player that will contribute to a positive organizational leadership culture
· Ability to successfully complete tasks requiring both analytical and critical thinking skills
· Ability to creatively solve problems and identify solutions, and successfully resolve conflict in professional manner
· Ability to work for extended periods of time at a keyboard/phone/workstation and perform tasks in a busy office environment where noise level is moderate
· Requires physical strength and agility to safely perform all essential functions, including the ability to lift, carry, push, or pull (minimum 20/25 pounds) job-related equipment without assistance
· Ability to work a flexible schedule to include occasional evenings and weekends
· Ability to travel during the day and night hours and perform position-related responsibilities in a wide variety of venues and environments
· Daily access to transportation is required; documentation of automobile insurance and ability to transport self and supplies to position related activities is required
· Bilingual in Spanish or ability to verbally communicate in Spanish desirable
· The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions