Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County Job Posting
Job Opening Digital Media Program Specialist
Primary Function: The Digital Media Program Specialist will oversee the operations of the recording studio in our two traditional Club sites. Requires a passion for music and a working knowledge of common recording studio practices and techniques. This role works with both technical and non-technical club members, and requires the flexibility to fill various studio roles from audio engineer to producer to educator. This position will work in collaboration with staff, volunteers and club members to create a fun and engaging studio experience.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Ensure engagement, promote and stimulate participation, and consistent attendance of youth enrolled in activities.
- Establish rapport with youth and provide mentoring, guidance, role modeling to members and overall direction for their leadership development and artistic skills.
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities.
- Monitor and evaluate program, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the club at all times.
- Engaging members in activities successfully and provide a safe environment for members.
- Support members emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts successfully.
- Plan and facilitate purposeful and engaging activities and group projects
- Submit regular lesson plans, attendance sheets and other administrative duties.
- Participate in training and staff development activities.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in club staff meetings.
- Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; collaborate; and advise/counsel.
- Mandatory cleaning set up and closes down of program area on a daily basis.
- Research topics based on interest and needs of male and female members.
- Instruct on the use of Logic Pro and various software plug-ins.
- Educate on practical, hands-on methods for using recording equipment including microphones, audio interfaces, and MIDI.
- Promote a supportive and creative environment of expression through music & art.
- Develop projects and exercises for an engaging studio experience.
- Collaborate with teens to help them realize their musical goals.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
- Two Years accredited College/University preferred and/or High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of working experience with Logic Pro.
- Prior teaching experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of music theory and production techniques.
- Basic experience with Final Cut Pro, iMovie, or other video editing software.
- Working knowledge of Slate Digital products (Raven, Virtual Microphone System, etc.).
- Studio and/or live production experience with mixing consoles, microphones & digital audio workstations.
- Experience with a variety of audio production types: studio recording/mixing (multiple genres), live music, podcasting & spoken word.
- Strong discipline and focus with leading small groups.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate operations.
- Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
- Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
- Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
- Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
- Required to stand, walk, and sit. Able to use hands and fingers on a (computer) keyboard and other office equipment.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds during a standard 4 or 8 hour shift.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Perform Safety-sensitive culture requiring a constant state of alertness.
- The noise level in the work environment is high due to work is conducted in a Club setting, indoor/outside.
TO APPLY: Go to our website, www.bgcmanatee.org/Jobs click on the “Apply Today!” button to apply and view job descriptions.
Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.