Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County Job Posting: Teen Program Specialist DeSoto and Palmetto Club
Why join the Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County? We empower our kids to build a stronger community and we are mission driven uplifting work culture.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Program Specialist plans, implements, supervises and evaluates activities provided within a specific program area working with young people ages 12-18, such as Sports & Fitness, Fine Arts, and/or Social Recreation.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Ensure engagement, promote and stimulate participation, and consistent attendance of youth enrolled in activities.
- Establish rapport with youth and provide mentoring, guidance, role modeling to members and overall direction for their leadership development, artistic skills, physical activity engagement and academic progress
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the club at all time.
- Engaging members in activities successfully and provide a safe environment for members.
- Support members emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts successfully.
- Plan and facilitate purposeful and engaging activities and group projects
- Submit regular lesson plans, attendance sheets and other administrative duties
- Participate in training and staff development activities.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in club staff meetings.
- Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; collaborate; and advise/counsel.
- Research topics based on interest and needs of male and female members, ages 12-18.
- Mandatory cleaning set up and closes down of program area on a daily basis.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
- This position is part time.
- Two Years accredited College/University preferred and/or High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required
- Certifications and credentials in respective skill-based activity highly preferred
- CPR and First Aid Certifications preferred
- Valid State Driver’s License and ability to drive a 15 passenger van.
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
- Experience in working with children and knowledge of youth development.
- Experience and ability in creating interactive and educational activities
- Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
- Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
- Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply, please email email@example.com with a resume. Also, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. Location based in Bradenton, Florida. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. 3-13-19