Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County Job Posting
Job Opening - Graduation & Career Specialist –Palmetto Club
FUNCTION: The Graduation and Career Specialist plans, promotes, instructs and evaluates academic and career development programs, services and activities for Teens.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Ensure grant requirements are met.
- Ensure engagement, promote and stimulate participation, and consistent attendance of Teens enrolled in activities.
- Establish rapport with Teens and provide mentoring, guidance, role modeling to members and overall direction for their leadership development, artistic skills, engagement and academic progress.
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of the club at all time.
- Engaging members in activities successfully and provide a safe environment for members.
- Support members emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts successfully.
- Plan and facilitate purposeful and engaging activities and group projects
- Submit regular lesson plans, attendance sheets, and complete other administrative duties by the deadlines.
- Participate in training and staff development activities.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in club staff meetings.
- Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; collaborate; and advise/counsel.
- Research topics based on interest and needs of male and female Teen members.
- Mandatory cleaning set up and closes down of program area on a daily basis.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
- This position is Part Time.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent in experience working with Teens
- Minimum of two years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required
- Certifications and credentials in respective skill-based activity highly preferred
- CPR and First Aid Certifications preferred
- Valid State Driver’s License and ability to drive a club vehicle periodically.
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
- Experience in working with children and knowledge of youth development.
- Experience and ability in creating interactive and educational activities
- Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
- Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
- Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit. Able to use hands and fingers on a (computer) keyboard and other office equipment.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds during a standard 4 or 8 hour shift.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Perform Safety-sensitive culture requiring a constant state of alertness.
- The noise level in the work environment is high due to work is conducted in a Club setting, indoor/outside.
- FREE Club membership for staff member’s children (grades K-12).
- Paid Time off for all Positions
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program
TO APPLY: Go to our website, www.bgcmanatee.org/Jobs click on the “Apply Today!” button to apply and view job descriptions. Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.