FUNCTION: The Boys & Girls Club Front Desk Administrative is responsible for the reception area (Front Desk) at the club. Includes the greeting of all guests, answering phone calls, assisting guests with questions regarding the Boys & Girls Club services, managing front desk data and sign in and sign out information. Managing club intake and monthly fees and charging for services performed.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (NOTE *Not all-inclusive)
- Serve as Club Administrative Assistant.
- Acknowledge and greet everyone who enters and leaves the clubs facilities.
- Accurately enter member’s daily attendance into the computer system with skill and proficiency.
- Maintains master schedule of Club activities, events, collects and disseminates information to Club members and families.
- Provide detailed descriptions of BGCMC, packages, services, facility features and hours of operations.
- Maintain membership accounts (financial payments and updates).
- Complete all daily reports (financial and attendance).
- Process member registrations.
- Maintain and Manage Member Rosters.
- Assist with member application data entry as needed.
- Manage sign-ups for field trips and take payments.
- Monitor and manage sign in and sign out processes daily of members, volunteers, visitors.
- Maintain eye contact when addressing external and internal guests.
- Answer the phone promptly and use the guest’s name throughout the conversation.
- Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally, accurately and immediately, ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Actively promote the club, services, programs and promotions.
- Monitor office supply inventory and order supplies as necessary.
- Maintain a clean; safe, fully stocked and well organized work area.
- Develop ability to work without constant direct supervision and remain at assigned post for extended periods of time.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the club.
- Assist in all areas of the club operation as requested by management.
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff and guests in the club that require attention.
- Performs regular administrative and office duties, preparing correspondence and reports as requested by supervisor.
- Perform necessary mailings and the creation of databases as deemed fit.
- Proofreads all materials for accuracy properly prior to supervisory review.
- Relationships: Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club Staff (Professional and Volunteer) and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct and advise/counsel External: Maintains contact with members, families and the general public to give and obtain information, either in response to inquiries or as instructed by supervisor.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
- This position is Part-Time.
- High School Degree and/or at least 2 years of administrative assistant experience.
- Ability to relate to children and parents.
- Ability to work effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft office programs, including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Access.
- Must have basic knowledge of proper filing procedures.
- Strong Organization, Time Management Skills (Be on time for your shift) and ability to set Priorities
- Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility and Integrity.
- Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
- Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Mandatory HIV/AIDS, CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Valid State Driver’s License and must pass pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit. Able to use hands and fingers on a (computer) keyboard and other office equipment.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds during a standard 4 or 8 hour shift.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Perform Safety-sensitive culture requiring a constant state of alertness.
- The noise level in the work environment is high due to work is conducted in a Club for children, inside and outside setting.
- FREE Club membership for staff member’s children (grades K-12).
- Paid Time off for all Positions
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program
TO APPLY: Go to our website, www.bgcmanatee.org/Jobs click on the “Apply Today!” button to apply and view job descriptions. Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.