Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County Job Posting
Job Opening: Bus Driver – Sign On Bonus
FUNCTION: Under the direct supervision of the Transportation Manager, the Bus Driver is responsible for the operation of vans and small and large buses, in transporting children from school to the Clubs, and driving on designated field trips.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Transport students from schools to the designated units.
- Transport students on designated field trips.
- Follow a pre-planned route according to a definite time schedule.
- Drive bus carefully and in compliance with traffic regulations and bus operating procedures.
- Assume responsibility for the safety of children in loading, unloading and transporting them from school to the club.
- Instruct children in safety precautions and practices.
- Maintains proper paper work for attendance of children.
- Maintains discipline; reports unruly behavior to Club Director.
- Inspects and sweeps bus.
- Reports delays and accidents.
- Reports defects or problems with vehicle to Transportation Supervisor.
- Assures bus meets regular maintenance schedule.
- Perform other duties/responsibilities as assigned by the Transportation Supervisor.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
- This position is Part-Time; afternoons and summer field trips.
- Should be a High School graduate or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License, Florida Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a Class C or higher with a “P” and “S” endorsement.
- Mandatory to have CPR, First Aid Course, and DOT Physical.
- Completion of a performance test in bus operations.
- Must be able to pass D.O.T. Physical.
- Must pass pre-employment background check, fingerprinting and drug test.
- Experience in working with children and knowledge of youth development.
- Ability to relate to children, parents and Boys & Girls Club personnel.
- Knowledge of traffic and highway safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions.
- Perform work requiring good physical condition.
- Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
- Demonstrate a strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
- Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
General BGCMC Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCMC priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCMC values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all backgrounds can be successful and participate. BGCMC expects employees to embrace and support DEAI (Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion) of all members and colleagues.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCMC. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCMC is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
- Required to sit and stand; able to handle and feel objects, tools or control; The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. Able to input, store, process and output information on a (computer) and other office equipment.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and rarely 110 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Perform Safety-sensitive culture requiring a constant state of alertness.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
Any bus driver involved in an accident that is caused by them or is found by an investigating police officer to have caused the accident and/or is given a summons for a moving violation may be terminated.
-FREE Club membership for staff member’s children (grades K-12).
--Paid Time off for all Positions
TO APPLY: Go to our website, www.bgcmanatee.org/Jobs click on the “Apply Today!” button to apply and view job descriptions.
Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer