The Booking and Sales Manager for the Nathan Benderson Park Conservancy, Inc. in Sarasota, Florida will be an integral member of the marketing team, serving as the first point of contact for external parties interested in renting space at Nathan Benderson Park. This position is instrumental in maintaining a positive customer service experience and strengthening internal communications regarding space use. The Booking and Sales Manager will report to the Director of Marketing and will work with all departments as part of a team dedicated to driving the success of Nathan Benderson Park and the Conservancy. This position is full-time, non-exempt, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. with an opportunity for partial remote work.
Nathan Benderson Park is looking for an enthusiastic advocate for sports, fitness and entertainment in Sarasota-Bradenton who has the following skills and experience:
§ A minimum of two (2) years of experience in venue management & booking, hospitality sales or related field.
§ Undergraduate degree in sport & event management, recreation and leisure services, venue management, hospitality & tourism or related field.
§ Knowledge of Ungerboeck or other venue booking software preferred.
§ Excellent customer service skills with a heart for providing positive experiences for all.
§ Outstanding organizational skills and ability to maintain, manage and deconflict multiple calendars in an active venue operating 365 days a year.
§ Strong verbal and written communication skills.
§ Ability to represent the Park in a professional manner.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for responding to and contracting all event, training and programming rental requests for Nathan Benderson Park, the Finish Tower and Event Garden Pavilion.
• Work with all event rights holders and rental clientele to determine their initial needs and ensure seamless transfer of client to event department for execution.
• Work with all NBPC departments to maintain facility central booking calendar and to keep current the monthly schedule of events (print) and website calendar resolving any and all internal scheduling conflicts prior to contracting
• Provide reports on a regular basis.
• Follow-up with leads generated for events / rentals.
• Work with NBPC team members to provide tours of rental spaces should they be requested.
• Research and generate leads for local event rentals for the park and finish tower.
• Serve as the initial customer service representative for all event owners and space rental clientele.
• Process and organize rental agreements and provide pricing for space rental and services.
• Work with the finance, event and facility departments to insure accurate and timely invoicing.
• Responsible for conducting post event customer service satisfaction surveying.
• All other responsibilities assigned.
Nathan Benderson Park is a 600-acre Sarasota County park, operated and managed by the Conservancy, a private 501(c)3 non-profit organization that was created for this purpose. Since 2014, the park has hosted numerous international, national, regional and local events, averaging over 100 events per year. Nathan Benderson Park was built as a multi-sport event center with a focus on water sports, and has established itself as the #1 Rowing and Paddling competition venue in North America and one of the top three in the world. Nathan Benderson Park’s four priorities are to:
• Establish and maintain a world-class multi-purpose event center that will enable a return on investment to benefit taxpayers and the state of Florida
• Be an Olympic-level training center for regional, national and international athletes
• Promote a better quality of life through health and wellness by providing opportunities to walk, run, bike, row, fish and more
• Provide an entry point into aquatic and sports program through community outreach
NBPC seeks to hire personnel who reflect the diversity of the communities they serve. All positions at NBPC are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Ability to sit, stand, work at a computer and operate a telephone for extended periods of time.
Must be able to move around the park which includes grass, shell, paved areas, steps, sand and floating docks.
Traditional work week with occasional weekend or evening hours required.