We have a new opportunity for SUMMER! We will be offering a $100 sign-on bonus to new hires for the summer. All part time staff will be eligible for the $300 reliability reward payable upon successful completion of the summer program, as long as they work at least 20 hours or more per week.
FUNCTION: Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County (BGCMC) Marketing & Communications Specialist will help increase public awareness about BGCMC’s mission. Working closely with the Director of Marketing & Communications, this position helps promote Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County’s impactful programming and events throughout the county through digital media communications and events marketing.
The ideal candidate is passionate about youth development, is highly organized and detail-oriented, is comfortable working independently as well as collaboratively in an inclusive environment, and enjoys working under a deadline. Some knowledge and/or experience in social media and website management is required. Strong written and oral communication skills are required, some experience in graphic design preferred.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Assist with social media accounts website content updates.
- Schedule social media and event promotion in accordance with the content calendar.
- Assist in writing press releases, and newsletter content.
- Work with Director of Marketing & Communications on creating social media marketing strategies, schedules, and proposals.
- Assist in planning and execution of Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County events as needed.
- Following brand guidelines, work with various Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County Clubs in creating marketing assets.
- Stay abreast of current trends and best practices in social media.
- Assist in creating marketing collateral at Club level
- Attend meetings and trainings as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
- This position is part time in the afternoons and summer.
- Associate degree of an accredited college or university preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and an editorial attention to details.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience scheduling social media posts
- Some graphic design experience and knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications preferred.
- Experience using Constant Contact or an e-newsletter platform.
- Strong interpersonal skills, persistence, and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Personable, passionate, genuine communicator-interpersonal, public speaking and written.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate operations.
- Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision making, delegation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board Directors, staff, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Knowledge of asset management including financial resources and property.
- Valid State Driver’s License.
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
- Demonstrates a strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
- Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
- Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
General BGCMC Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCMC priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCMC values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all backgrounds can be successful and participate. BGCMC expects employees to embrace and support DEAI (Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion) of all members and colleagues.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCMC. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCMC is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit. Able to input, store, process and output information on a (computer) and other office equipment.
- Able to input, store, process and output information on a (computer) and other office equipment.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The noise level in the work environment is high due to work is conducted in a Club for children, inside and outside setting.
-FREE Club membership for staff member’s children (grades K-12).
-Paid Time off for all Positions
-Tuition Reimbursement Program, Referral Program and Employee Assistance Program
TO APPLY: Go to our website, www.bgcmanatee.org/Jobs click on the “Apply Today!” button to apply and view job descriptions
Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.3.16.22