We have a new opportunity for SUMMER! We will be offering a $100 sign-on bonus to new hires for the summer. All part time staff will be eligible for the $300 reliability reward payable upon successful completion of the summer program, as long as they work at least 20 hours or more per week.
FUNCTION: Responsible for managing the delivery of teen programs at a designated Club, including Character and Leadership Development, Health & Life Skills, Sports, Fitness and Recreation, and The Arts Plan, develop, oversee implement, supervise and evaluate programs and program staff. Responsible for recruiting and retaining teen members. Collaborate with the Club Director to provide program delivery, supervision and training of staff working directly with teens, community relations and membership administration.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Supervise program staff and/or volunteers involved in programs or special events.
- Conducting successful programs that teens find relevant and interesting. The numbers of teens involved will be used to measure success.
- Oversee the administration and evaluation of Teen Club programs and activities that support Youth Development Outcomes.
- Ensure that teen members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of teen members.
- Maintain Teen Club program goals and settings that ensure the health and safety of teen members. Ensure that site staff understand and effectively communicate standards of program; that they ensure program areas are inviting, safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that club equipment is maintained in good working condition.
- Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to teen member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
- Control Club teen program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
- Plan, oversee and evaluate programs held on additional days of service, i.e. a late evening program, Saturday morning program or weekend field trip.
- Work in conjunction with the Program Manager to ensure positive club climate is aligned throughout the entire club, including the dedicated teen area.
- Increase visibility of Teen programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotion through fliers and media releases.
- Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff working with teens and volunteers. Conduct annual performance evaluations on Teen Program Specialists.
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
- Keep accurate records of all incidents and accidents and provide copies to Club Director, HR and the VP of Operations.
- May be required to drive Club vehicle periodically.
- May consult with parents concerning member issues.
- Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
- Develop recruitment methods to attract teens to the club.
- Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, member’s parents and other to assist in resolving problems.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
- This position is Full Time.
- Four year degree in related field from an accredited college is or university is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Valid State Driver’s License; must pass pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Experience working with children and knowledge of youth development.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
- Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications will be required.
General BGCMC Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCMC priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCMC values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all backgrounds can be successful and participate. BGCMC expects employees to embrace and support DEAI (Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion) of all members and colleagues.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCMC. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCMC is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit. Able to use hands and fingers on a (computer) keyboard and other office equipment.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Perform Safety-sensitive culture requiring a constant state of alertness.
- The noise level in the work environment is high due to work is conducted in a Club for children, inside and outside setting.
TO APPLY: TO APPLY: Go to our website, www.bgcmanatee.org/Jobs click on the “Apply Today!” button to apply and view job descriptions Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. BGCMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer