We have a new opportunity for SUMMER! We will be offering a $100 sign-on bonus to new hires for the summer. All part time staff will be eligible for the $300 reliability reward payable upon successful completion of the summer program, as long as they work at least 20 hours or more per week.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Possesses a deep understanding of educational leadership, youth development theory and subject-matter expertise. The Academic Success Coordinator is a key member of the Academic Success team that will serve as a liaison with the Manatee County School District and corporate partners. The individual will be responsible for organization-wide educational programs and strategies for Boys & Girls Club locations in Manatee County. The Academic Success Coordinator will deliver on innovative thinking and business-changing recommendations that will form the core of our youth development and social impact work. Must be able to build and manage relationships to represent the interests of Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County externally and partner with internal departments. This person must have a proven background as a content area expert, program portfolio manager and/or program design leader. He/she must be able to lead in the analysis and translation of research findings to drive the organizational learning and impact.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Knowledge and understanding of the Florida State Standards for grades K – 12.
- Align Boys & Girls Club programs to Manatee County School District’s curriculum.
- Create and implement educational expectations that are academically, intellectually and personally challenging with a focus on reading.
- Create and administer cognitive assessments and create individualized programs based on the needs of the members.
- Analyze assessment data, FSA scores, Optimal Club Experience trends, and student success metrics.
- Provide training and support to staff, tutors and volunteers to include classroom management and program implementation.
- Meet regularly with parents to build professional relationships.
- Maintain and provide updates on the progress of students to their parents or guardians.
- Meet regularly with teachers and other educational organizations to support Boys & Girls Club programs and build awareness.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Program Services to maintain the budget of the educational programs.
- The individual will increase organizational performance in the following areas:
o Increase the % of all elementary age youth who are reading proficient, with an emphasis on 3rd grade.
o Increase the % of youth who progress to the next grade level
o Increase the % of Club Members who maintain or increase their GPA
o Decrease the % of Club members who experience summer learning loss
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of five years’ work experience in public schools, Boys & Girls Club or similar organization with relevant experience
- A strong passion for and commitment to improving the lives of at-risk youth
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to design and manage complex spreadsheets to track Club and staff deliverables
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Self-disciplined, takes initiative, remains focused in the face of pressure
- Track record of inspiring, engaging and supporting others to deliver superior results
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility and good humor
- Proven ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in diverse settings
- Demonstrates a relentless commitment to excellence in all tasks
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate large scale operations and logistics
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of internal and external constituents
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Exhibits strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to quickly learn new data systems and processes
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Certifications and credentials in respective skill-based activity highly preferred
- CPR and First Aid Certifications preferred
- Valid State Driver’s License.
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
- Experience and ability in creating interactive and educational activities
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to plan and implement quality educational programs for youth
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit. Able to use hands and fingers on a (computer) keyboard and other office equipment.
- May have to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds during a standard 4 or 8 hour shift.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The noise level in the work environment is high due to work is conducted in a Club setting, indoor/outside.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and be able to perform administrative tasks.
- May be required to stand for periods of time to conduct courses or training.
-FREE Club membership for staff member’s children (grades K-12).
-Benefits for Full Time Positions
-Paid Time off for all Positions
TO APPLY: Go to our website, www.bgcmanatee.org/Jobs click on the “Apply Today!” button to apply and view job descriptions .
Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer