Function: Working closely with the Chief Operating Officer and the Club Directors, the Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for the planning, organizing, managing and directing various technical responsibilities associated with the maintenance of the facilities, grounds and equipment.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Provide leadership and direction to janitorial staff.
- Provide leadership in identifying and minimizing risks in the Clubs’ physical environment.
Risk Management and Maintenance
- Ensure adherence to appropriate safety procedures.
- Ensure safe usage of tools/equipment operations and proper maintenance.
- Ensure appropriate use of cleaning materials and supplies.
- Ensure a clean, healthy, safe, positive environment is created and maintained producing a sense of physical and emotional safety.
- Ensure an attractive, welcoming and fun environment is created and maintained.
- Ensure that facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
Facilities Maintenance and Repair
- Coordinate preventative maintenance on a routine basis.
- Repair broken equipment.
- Develop efficiencies to ensure the proper upkeep of facility resources.
- Schedule and facilitate annual municipal and/or state inspections to ensure code compliance.
- Provide minor repairs, including but not limited to, minor carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical and lock replacement or repair to Traditional Clubs and the outside areas surrounding them.
- Perform pressure washing as needed.
Facility Resource and Management
- Order and stock cleaning supplies for Traditional Clubs.
- Maintain inventory of all facility resources.
- Gather competitive estimates for purchasing new or replacement appliances, products and equipment.
- Coordinate, check references and schedule approved vendors for larger repairs requiring licensed or specialized contracted professionals.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
- This position is part time – 25 hours per week as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in property maintenance
- Ability to use electronic communication professionally and efficiently
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
- Knowledge of youth development.
- Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
- Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
- Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
- Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit. Able to use hands and fingers on a (computer) keyboard, office equipment and technical tools.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The noise level in the work environment is high due to work is conducted in a Club for children, inside and outside setting.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume. Also, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. This position is part-time, based in Bradenton, Florida. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. 5-21-18