This is a Part Time position for a collaborative program with the Kiwanis Club of Bradenton, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Suncoast, and others in order to help struggling students achieve their academic goals and bring the school’s overall grade up to par with State requirements.
This position will not exceed 7 ½ hours per week. The program runs from 7:00 am – 8:00 am on school days. To access the full job description please visit our website at www.bgcmanatee.org/jobs.
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Director of Program Services/Principal of School, the Lead Teacher will provide program guidance, implementation strategies and ensure organization deliverables are met. Responsible for overseeing the delivery of a specific Program focusing on Academics support, such as homework assistance and reading. Plan, develop, oversee implementation, and supervise programs. The Lead Teacher will supervise the Program Coordinator, Volunteers and members. This program may have specific tracking requirements, including, but not limited to: program implementation and delivery, daily attendance tracking, activity tracking by member, reporting and documentation etc.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
- Teaching Certification from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years of supervisory/management experience.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Leadership and management experience.
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style capable of motivating others.
- Skills and energies to build a team and lead effective staff development and training.
- Demonstrate success in designing new youth programs, facilitating experiential curriculum.
- Excellent prioritization and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Group leadership skills, including and understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and management deliverables.
· Demonstration of ability to communicate with different groups.
· Demonstrate ability to develop, implement and train on program delivery model.
Highly Desirable Requirements:
- Oral and written fluency in English; Spanish is a plus.
- Experience in working with children and knowledge of youth development.
- Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities.
- Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, Internet Explorer.
- Valid State Driver’s License; First Aid & CPR Certification.
- Must pass pre-employment background check, fingerprints and drug test.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply, please email email@example.com with a resume. Also, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. This position is part-time, based in Bradenton, Florida. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.