Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County Job Posting: Graduation & Career Coach
Primary Function: The Graduation & Career Coach is responsible for developing successful relationships with at risk youth between grades 10th to 12th and those who have graduated to make sure they graduate on time and are being self-sufficient. The Coach is responsible for developing and providing an educational enrichment atmosphere where up to a minimum of 30 youth can become career, college and community ready and make plans for a successful future. This position will also focus on developing life skills with the youth including making smart choices, budgeting and developing soft skills. Promote the components of health, wellness and fitness based on the organization’s strategic plan. It is the responsibility of all staff to help cultivate and maintain positive donor relationships.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Case manage a minimum of 30 10th to 12th grade age youth who are involved in the Be Great: Graduate and mentoring program.
- Maintain and supervise 30 mentor/mentee relationships or act as mentor until match is made.
- Work with graduated seniors to help them succeed in post-secondary life (minimum of 5 members).
- Have accountability meetings with all youth to make sure they are meeting their goals.
- Connect youth to graduation and workforce readiness programming at the Club or in the community and help them have accountability and break down barriers to help them be successful.
- For college-bound Teens, connect them with Khan Academy/SAT prep studies, as well as FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and college applications.
- For all Teens, introduce them to Khan Academy and follow-up for teens and their parents.
- Help youth develop life skills and making smart life choices, including, but not limited to budgeting, interviewing skills, leadership skills and entrepreneurship.
- Help youth secure education and gainful employment in the community. This can include job placement while in the program.
- Ensures that youth growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate based on the measurable outcomes of Be Great: Graduate program for those youth still in high school.
- Report on measureable outcomes per grant requirements
- In collaboration with Director of Program Services, Club Directors, Teen Program Managers and Teen Program Coordinator, coordinate and maintain cooperative working partnerships with local area school district, higher education institutions, and other community partners to enhance the program
- Take the lead role in the following programs: Professional Workshop, Diplomas 2 Degrees, Skills to Pay the Bills, ACT Prep, Teen 2 Work programming, Career Launch and help with transitioning to post-secondary life including applying to post-secondary schooling options
- Work collaboratively with Director of Program Services to facilitate overall program
- Maintains efficient and effective record keeping procedures
- Communicates effectively with students, parents, volunteers, peers, and the community
- Collaborates with program team to enhance the program environment
- Models professional and ethical standards
- Meets professional obligations, paperwork, and deadlines through efficient, organized work habits
- Recruit, train, supervise and motivate adequate volunteer mentors for one to one relationships.
- Mandated child abuse reporter.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
- · Hours will depend on when at-risk youth are available.
- · This is a salaried, full time position and it is understood that there may be hours required outside of normal business hours.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in appropriate field of study.
- Demonstrated ability to work with program team, at risk youth, parents and community leaders.
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive) Continued -
- Competency in computer software including, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Publisher, as well as nFocus software, Kidtrax.
- Competency in general office equipment usage including; copier, printers, fax, and cash register.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Experience in establishing and leading programs, activities and services for at risk youth.
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving history.
- Proven ability to motivate and case manage AT RISK youth
- Proven ability to deal with the general public.
- Proven ability to plan, market and implement quality programs using a youth development strategy.
- Proven ability to organize and supervise AT RISK members in a safe environment.
- Commitment to role model and promote a life style of health, wellness and fitness.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, interpersonal skills and Attention to Detail
- Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
- Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
- Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Must possess a clean driving record and a valid State Driver’s License
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certification
Internal: Maintain contact with Teen staff, Club staff, volunteers, and club members.
External: Maintain contact with external community groups, school officials and others as required.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume. Also, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. This position is part-time, based in Bradenton, Florida. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects.
- Good vision and hearing necessary to complete tasks.
- Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to function in a fast paced and noisy environment.
- Must be able to think clearly and concisely.