1. Greets patients and visitors, determining their needs and responding appropriately according to office protocol. Maintains log for all visitors to office and directs them as needed.
2. Assures that all paperwork is completed by patients as required, depending on the type of office visit.
3. Obtains updated patient demographic information on all patients and scans insurance cards/driver’s licenses into the chart when needed, enters updated information into Practice Management System.
4. Compiles new patient packets of all necessary forms in advance.
5. Documents appointment status in EMR and assists with contacting “no show” patients.
6. Verifies eligibility for Medicaid patients at the time of appointment and notates it on the superbill.
7. Checks charts for next clinic session to assure their availability at the front desk and determines if authorizations or other information needs to be requested.
8. Answers incoming calls on the back line and responds in a timely and appropriate manner; maintains a working understanding of the practice’s telephone system for routing calls.
9. Manages the “Housecalls” patient reminder system.
10. Checks patients in upon arrival and places chart in appropriate location for the medical assistant.
11. Escorts patients to exam rooms or x-ray when necessary as chart dictates and notifies appropriate personnel.
12. Assists with scheduling appointments for patients as needed.
13. Oversees general upkeep of waiting room during the day.
14. Willingly participates in continuing training to acquire competency in performing other associate’s job responsibilities in the event of absences.
15. Participates in the opening rotation of front office as scheduled.
16. Sorts faxes and forward to appropriate person or file in chart.
17. Maintains good working knowledge and understanding of patient insurances and managed care and office policies.
18. Displays cooperative behavior. Interacts positively and effectively with others to promote a team environment.
19. Performs all other duties necessary to maintain the overall efficiency and continuity of the practice(s).