Function: The Chief Development Officer will be the senior level development professional responsible to lead a successful Annual Gift, Major Gifts and Planned Giving program; also responsible for planning, developing, and growing a comprehensive fundraising program for securing financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations to meet organizational goals.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
· In conjunction with the President and Board leadership, establishes and executes a comprehensive development plan that meets the organizational needs for current and future sustainability.
· Works with the staff and board volunteers to identify, cultivate and successfully solicit gifts from individuals (generally five/six-figure gifts) including capital campaigns and endowments using a Moves Management system.
· Develops and markets a Planned Giving program. Works to ensure that program becomes an integrated part of the overall development effort.
· Oversees and manages all aspects of gift campaigns, including Annual Fund, Endowment and Capital Campaign gifts.
· Serves as the primary liaison with the Endowment Committee to develop prospect pool and implement strategies for successful solicitations.
· Serves as the primary liaison with the Special Events Committee to develop and implement strategies for successful annual events that develop, attract and retain donors.
· Prepares ongoing updates and productivity reports for management and Corporate and Foundation Boards. Remains fully accountable for reaching activity and productivity target goals.
· Meets with planned gift prospects and their advisors, prepare financial illustrations of proposed gifts, and drafts gift agreements for review by prospects and their advisors.
· Works with development team to prepare materials that support Annual Giving, Planned Giving and Capital Campaign efforts.
· Establishes and monitors policies and procedures for gift solicitation and acceptance, recording and reporting.
· Maintains frequent contact with estate planning counsel, financial planners, insurance agents, accountants and law firms to remain up to date on knowledge in field and discusses donor interests and appropriate giving methods.
· Plans and coordinates cultivation and stewardship events, including the support of volunteers who host events.
· Schedules and conducts regular face-to-face visits with current and potential major and planned gift donors and prospects.
· Manages recordkeeping for major and planned gift donors, assuring effective administrative and operational support functions are in place.
Supervises Marketing & Communications Manager, Development Director of Outcomes & Grants, and Community Relations Director.
Key Result Area:
· Establishes and secures gifts through Planned Giving program
· Establishes and secures gifts through Major Gifts program
· Establishes and secures gifts through Annual Fund program
· Implements and manages a donor-centered Moves Management system
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in related field.
· A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in fundraising with at least 5 years at a senior level of management, CFRE preferred.
· Knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures and of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations, youth development services preferred.
· Successful track record of accomplishment in fundraising abilities to include Planned Giving, Annual Fund Gifts, Major Gifts, Capital Campaigns.
· Experience with Moves Management system.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, Board members, volunteers, community groups, and other related agencies.
· Knowledge of accessing and managing donor data base.
· Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
· Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
· Strong oral and written communication skills, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
· Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
· Valid State Driver’s License
· Must pass pre-employment background check and drug test
TO APPLY, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume by July 19, 2019. Also, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Principal applicants only, no recruiters; no phone calls or walk-ins accepted. This position is based in Bradenton, Florida. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Manatee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.