Performs clinical assessment and high-quality sonography procedures utilizing dedicated sonography equipment, ensuring that QC/QA is maintained within regulatory guidelines in a GI Practice. Functions as the first line of interface with patients in the successful accomplishment of their sonography examination, assuming responsibility for patient safety protocols. Performs all duties relating to the overall function of the imaging center to include quality control, quality improvement, and clerical. Observes strict confidentiality in dealing with patients, families, and co-workers.
DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Perform complex, specialized, highly technical sonography equipment to produce images of structures inside the body as ordered by the attending physician.
• Set up, explain, and operate ultrasound for all ultrasound studies related to GI.
• Communicate and ensure comfort for the patient during the procedure. Assess patient pain interfering with processes and make appropriate adjustments.
• Evaluate ultrasounds and use good judgment to determine if additional scanning is needed or if additional procedures are required to obtain good imaging studies.
• Document all procedures and maintain ultrasound tracking and patient outcomes using a qualified system. Maintain and ensures the confidentiality of patients’ films and records.
• Maintain ultrasound equipment and work area, and maintain adequate supplies. Report equipment failures to supervisor or call service provider for applicable service.
• Greet patients in a professional and caring manner. Review patient history information for completeness and request any missing information.
• Responsive to patient needs and provide prompt service. Demonstrate a commitment toward patient satisfaction.
• Maintain a good rapport and cooperative working relationship with physicians, other departments, and staff.
• Able to multi-task and prioritize independently.
• Ability to adapt when plans or situations change. Supportive of and appropriately responsive to change.
• Maintain ultrasound specific continuing education credits.
• Attends mandatory company training sessions as required by state/federal law where applicable.
• Provide superior direct care nursing and professional ultrasound services.
• Administer, monitor, and evaluate patient’s response to actual or potential health conditions.
• Ensure complete and accurate documentation in electronic medical records of all patient care while following all regulatory and company policies and procedures.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as flexible and reliable.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. The above statements represent the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Previous experience as an Ultrasound Technician.
Full time position
Position reports to Director of Business Development