Part-Time Sales Associate (OPS)
Job ID 47736
Apply on or before 8/31/2020 at: https://jobs.omni.fsu.edu/psc/sprdhr_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=47736&PostingSeq=1
Provide excellent, enthusiastic customer service to visitors, to include:
• Greeting and thanking guests as they enter and leave the stores
• Learning store product
• Proactively assisting visitors with product selection
• Making suggestions to meet guests' needs while increasing sales opportunities
• Making thoughtful suggestions for additional products for purchase
• Answering general visitor inquiries
• Processing sales at the register
• Processing shipping orders & returns
• Helping to maintain store appearance including dusting, straightening, & restocking
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma/equivalent
• Ability to handle cash accurately
• Experience with basic computer use (ability to learn point of sales software system)
• Ability to provide excellent customer service and engage customers in a friendly and timely manner
• Ability to effectively communicate product information
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time, climb a small step ladder, stock products on high and low shelves, and ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Customer service, merchandising, or retail experience
Anticipated Salary Range
$10.00 per hour
Sales Associates also receive:
• Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
• Private gallery talks with curators
• Free admission
• Discounts on memberships
• Discounts in the museum stores
• Discounts on select performances and events and much more!
Part-time, approximately 24 hours per week. Holidays, weekends, and some evenings are required based on the needs of the Ringling.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information.
Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
About The Ringling
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. From its inception, The Ringling has joined the diverse visual traditions and theatrical spectacle of yesterday with the genre-defying global practitioners of today. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling’s campus in Sarasota, Florida--which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater and bayfront gardens--is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org.
Socialize with The Ringling
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/TheRingling
Twitter - https://twitter.com/TheRingling
Instagram - http://instagram.com/theringling
Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/theringling
Pintrest - http://pinterest.com/ringlingartlib/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpI2uPmy9NN2yMit1EFOuAQ
Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/company/theringling
This is an OPS/Part-Time Job.
Affordable Care Act
OPS employees are covered under the Affordable Care Act. OPS employees that meet certain criteria will be offered affordable health care coverage. For more information, please visit the following website regarding the Affordable Care Act, http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=benefits/insurance/insurance_home&ops=1.