Exciting and very rewarding opportunity to maintain and grow resources for our one-to-one premier mentoring program. Impact the lives of many children by engaging and inspiring individuals and organizations to volunteer and financially support our mission. Work daily with a great team to contribute your strong skills and talents in teamwork, relationship engagement, relationship management, presentations, persuasion and public speaking with positive energy. Ability to speak Spanish would be beneficial to achieve an important goal to build strong relationships with the Hispanic community. If you have at least two years of solid experience in business or community development, and fundraising with proven results, preferably live in Manatee County with a lot of Manatee connections to help with the expectations of this position, please apply.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, Expectations:
• Maintain and grow volunteer and financial support for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Sun Coast.
• Work directly with the Lead Mentor Manager and collaboratively with Program teammates to execute recruitment presentations and recruit volunteers.
• Assist and attend agency program activities, including helping to secure donated venues, donations and additional financial support as needed.
• Work directly with a senior Development Director to learn and execute best practices for volunteer recruitment and financial support.
• Identify and secure support from individuals, corporations and organizations for volunteer and financial needs.
• Work collaboratively with VP of Communications and Marketing, Director of Special Events and Database Manager to maintain protocols and maximize results in all areas.
• Work collaboratively with Development Teammates, Community Board and Event Committees to drive the success with fundraising events.
• Attend Community Board meetings and Committee meetings to communicate needs and share reports.
• Significantly grow relationships for both volunteer and financial support with the Hispanic community. The ability to speak Spanish is beneficial with this expectation.
• Strong public speaking skills are essential to achieve expectations.
• Manage Manatee Facebook page.
• Updates Database Manager on donor/partner information and actions with detailed notes in SunForce Database. Utilize software platforms.
• Maintain flexible hours, which includes evenings and weekends.
Location: Manatee County
Minimum educational requirement: Associates’ Degree
Hours: 8:30-5:30 Monday through Friday with maintaining flexible hours that includes evenings and weekends
Computer Skills: Basic Microsoft Office programs
Benefits: Heath, Dental, LTD, STD, Accident, Life Insurance, Cancer, Vision, Accrued PTO, 403B Retirement.
A Background check and drug screening is required.