This position is a pivotal member of our staff and requires excellent communication skills, as they are the first point of contact for any visitors to the office or anyone contacting our agency. The individual in this position is responsible for managing all inbound and outbound communication on behalf of the agency.
- Answer and direct incoming calls in a welcoming voice and manner.
- Provide in-house customer service to the direct public.
- Notifies company personnel of visitor arrival.
- Informs visitors by answering or referring inquiries.
- Prepares routine and special mailings for Agency.
- Receive incoming emails and distribute information to the appropriate party.
- Complete Certificate Holder Letters as requested
- Maintaining office services as required (such as cleaners and maintenance companies)
- Taking and ensuring messages are passed to the appropriate staff member on a timely basis.
- Order front office supplies and keep an inventory of stock.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Maintain electronic and/or paper files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Perform special projects at management’s request.
- Perform other clerical duties, as requested.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; additional certification in Office Management is a plus.
- A minimum of one year of experience in a similar position is desirable.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to learn and utilize company-approved software and business system applications.
- This is a public contact position that requires appropriate business apparel.
- Must be able to frequently work at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Able to contribute positively as part of a team, helping out with various tasks as required.