Sarasota, FL - The Family Research Action PAC has announced their endorsement of Senator Greg Steube for the United States House of Representatives in Florida's 17th Congressional District.
FRC Action PAC Vice President Lt. Gen. (ret.) Jerry Boykin made the following comments: "During Greg Steube's time in the Florida House and Senate, he has been a champion for faith, family, and freedom. He has been an especially strong defender of life, supporting several measures in the Florida House and Senate that expand protections for unborn children. Additionally, his support from other pro-life groups in Florida confirms his pro-life credentials."
"During his time as a state representative, he has consistently sought to protect the values that Floridians cherish most. He has proven that he will defend the right of his constituents to speak freely and live out their faith, and he will oppose any attempt by the government to punish citizens for living out deeply-held religious beliefs. We appreciate his votes in the Florida House and Senate to protect the religious liberty of churches, students, and faith-based adoption agencies. If elected to Congress, we know that he will continue his fight to protect life and religious liberty for the people of Florida's 17th District.
"FRC Action PAC is confident that Sen. Steube will be a strong advocate for Constitutional limited government, for individual liberties, and for strong family values," concluded Boykin.
FRC's endorsement adds to an extensive list of supporters including Charlotte County Sheriff Bill Prummell, Highlands County Sheriff Paul Blackman, Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott, Hardee County Sheriff Arnold Lanier, Okeechobee County Sheriff Noel Stephen, and Glades County Sheriff David Hardin. Florida Senate President Joe Negron, Florida Senate President Designate Bill Galvano, The Florida Police Benevolent Association, and Florida Citrus Mutual have also endorsed Steube's candidacy.
Steube has served as the State Senator for District 23, covering Sarasota County and western Charlotte County since 2016. He previously served as a State Representative for District 73, representing those in Manatee and Sarasota counties from 2010 - 2016. He lives in Sarasota with his wife Jennifer and son, Ethan.
CURRENT LIST OF ENDORSEMENTS:
- Florida Senate President Joe Negron
- Florida Senate President Designate Bill Galvano
- Florida Senate Majority Leader Wilton Simpson
- Florida State Senator Dennis Baxley
- Florida State Senator Lizbeth Benacquisto
- Florida State Senator Travis Hutson
- Florida State Senator Aaron Bean
- Florida State Senator Keith Perry
- Florida State Representative Jim Boyd
- Florida State Representative Jake Raburn
- Florida State Representative Jamie Grant
- Florida State Senator Kathleen Passidomo
- Florida State Senator Kelli Stargel
- Charlotte County Sheriff Bill Prummell
- Highlands County Sheriff Paul Blackman
- Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott
- Hardee County Sheriff Arnold Lanier
- Okeechobee County Sheriff Noel Stephen
- Glades County Sheriff David Hardin
- State Attorney Ed Brodsky, 12th Judicial Circuit
- Public Defender Larry Eger, 12th Judicial Circuit
- Sarasota County Commissioner Mike Moran
- Sarasota County Commissioner Alan Maio
- Sarasota County Commissioner Paul Caragiulo
- Sarasota County Property Appraiser Bill Furst
- Sarasota County Charter Review Board Member Jim Gabbert
- Charlotte County Commissioner Bill Truex
- Charlotte County Commissioner Joe Tiseo
- Charlotte County Commissioner Ken Doherty
- Charlotte County Clerk of the Court Roger Eaton
- Former Florida Senate President John McKay
- Former Florida Senate President Mike Haridopolos
- Former State Representative & Former Polk County Commissioner Neil Combee
- Former Sarasota County School Board Member Frank Kovach
- The Florida Police Benevolent Association
- Southwest Florida Chapter of the Florida Police Benevolent Association
- Florida Citrus Mutual
- TRUMP Chairwoman Sandra Atkinson
- Club for Growth
- Florida Family Action President John Stemberger